The “PERA” protects the personal information collected from and about students. This includes the PERA CET Exam, training, and the establishment of control systems for the responsible use of personal information that is accessible to “PERA” employees while performing work-related duties. The “PERA” directs its employees to exercise caution when making personal information available to others and not to give others access to “PERA” information or passwords. All full-time and part-time employees of the “PERA”, as well as student interns, are required to sign the “Employee Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.
In general, access to personal information is limited to the following:
- An individual accessing his or her own personal information
- An employee of the “PERA” with authorized access based on a legitimate academic or business need to know
- Any organization or person authorized by the individual to receive the information
- Any authorized legal or PERA official body or representative or circumstance where the “PERA” is compelled to comply with the release of personal information
- Any other individual or entity as permitted by law where deemed to be necessary for the reasonable conduct of “PERA” business
The “PERA” does not sell, rent, or otherwise make available a student’s personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes except where noted above. Notwithstanding the previously described exceptions, the “PERA” will only release personal information regarding any student under the following guidelines:
- The “PERA” may confirm inquiries as to whether an individual holds a designation or grade in good standing from the “PERA CET”, and this information can be made available to the public through the “PERA”‘s website.