Since ancient times the food and agriculture industry has been believed to be the backbone of the Indian economy. Almost fifty percent of the country’s sustenance is dependent upon agriculture. Agriculture, being the primary contributor to India’s total GDP is drawing immense hopes for career sustainability, today. To balance prices and maintain equilibrium of the economy this area of study aims at streamlining farming operations, agriculture business organizations, banks, and financial institutions, research centers, retail food companies, etc.
Today, to bring out effective and efficient changes the rural and agro-based enterprises require a lot of management, administration and for that, they require a dedicated team of qualified and professionals who have expertise in the relevant domain.
Hence, MBA in Agribusiness Management learning has been structured in such a way that it involves processing, marketing, retailing, warehousing, and logistics of the products used in the food industry. The subject of education gives knowledge about all activities counting from farm planning, distributing to serving it on the table is the functioning cycle of Agribusiness.
So, if you are the one who is anxious in the food and fibre industry, this field is perfect; as it vows to assemble a wide range of career opportunities for candidates in the coming years.
The blog has highlighted every aspect of MBA in Agribusiness Management, starting from the course syllabus, fee structure to career opportunities.
What is Agribusiness Management?
Agribusiness Management is a popular branch of education which throws light on business administration and the application of principles and techniques in the context of agro-based business and rural economic development. Due to the growing demand for young and skilled corporate professionals in the agro-industry, the course is gaining popularity amongst the MBA aspirants.
As we all know, India is an agriculture-based country and many reputed organizations are hiring experts in the field to manage productivity as per the demand, manage production, plan agribusinesses, etc.
What is the Importance of MBA in Agribusiness Management?
As this vast field of education involves crop conservation techniques, resource management, and marketing operations of agricultural products-livestock and crops, it becomes mandatory for a candidate to learn about all the basic aspects of agribusiness. The course is formulated to bridge the gaps of ideal qualified professionals that are required in the food and agriculture domain.
This academic initiative will nurture the young graduates with industry and market-specific knowledge that will lead to economic development, innovative applications, and enhance employability prospects.
Ultimately, this MBA Program aims to educate the students about the current insights of the food-processing industry and the concept of agricultural operations which will promote productivity.
So, aspirants who have the interest to transform the Indian landscape by exploring and resolving agriculture and farmer- related grievances may opt for this specialization.
MBA in Agribusiness Management Course Highlights
The course offers a wide variety of knowledge according to the industry standards. It focuses on different sectors of management such as agro-finance, food processing, supply chain management, taxation, trading, and rural marketing. This post-graduation degree is for 2 years which comprises of four semesters.
Syllabus of MBA in Agri-Business Management
- Managerial Economics
- Quantitative Techniques
- Computer Application and MIS
- Research Methods in Agri-Business
- Organizational Behavior and Ethos
- Agribusiness and Rural Marketing
- Financial management for Agri-Business
- Production and Operations Management
- Food Technology and Processing Management and others.
During the course duration, a few dissertation tasks and core practical training are also provided to each student.
What is Eligibility Criteria for MBA in Agribusiness Management?
The candidates interested in pursuing MBA in Agribusiness Management should match the following eligibility criteria. However, at times it may vary from university to university.
Parameters for eligibility:
- Candidates should pass their graduation in agriculture, allied farming or any related subject from a recognized central or state/private/deemed university with a minimum aggregate score as 50-60%.
- Or aspirants who are waiting for their final year graduation results are also welcome to register. In this case, a valid scorecard from CAT/MAT and entrance exams will be a requisite.
- Many colleges accept student’s past work experience/master’s degrees (relevant filed) or provide direct admission to candidates based on their merit.
What is Scope of MBA in Agribusiness in India?
We all are familiar with the fact that among all countries India covers the second-largest agricultural land and includes farming as its core. With this precise fact, we can gain an understanding that the farming and agriculture industry is the primary source of income. Hence, this branch of education has shown a tremendous effect on the industry sector.
India being the leading exporter in agricultural commodities is encouraging this particular segment of education. Even the Government Authorities of India is coming up with new schemes for farmers and the agriculture sector which is forecasted to broaden the career prospects of the Indian population.
On the other hand, private firms are investing a huge amount of money to come with new techniques and machinery to make the work efficient and faster.
Areas of Applications:
- Retail Firms
- Retail Industry
- Farming industry
- Import-Export Firms
- Marketing Industry
- Public and Private Enterprises
- Food production companies
- Government Boards – Fisheries, Diary
What is Fees Structure for MBA in Agribusiness Management in India?
The fee structure of the program again varies from college to college. It is formulated according to the location, ranking, and academic facilities that the universities are delivering.
Based on the current survey, the estimated fee for pursuing MBA in Agri-business in India is moderate, which ranges between INR 3 Lac to INR 10 Lac per annum.
What are Career Opportunities and Job Prospects After MBA in Agribusiness?
Applicants who are planning to build a career in the food processing industry can aim to opt for the course.
There are plenty of opportunities coming up in Rural Development sectors as a rural development officer, Relationship manager, Operations Manager, Investment Executive, Account Analyst, Auditor, etc.
Apart from the rural sector, you get to work in different agriculture and food processing companies offering you the roles as:
- Distribution & Marketing Manager
- Food Processing consultant
- Trade & Export Officer
- Farm Appraiser
- Production & Operations
- Harvest Operation Manager
- Agri-Business Consultants
- Agriculture Policy Analyst
- Bio-Compost Sales Head
- Supply Chain Executive
- Quality Analyst
- And University Lecturer
What are Top 5 Benefits of MBA in Agribusiness?
This area of education aims to aid the farming sector with various equipment, chemicals, and logistics. Graduates get opportunities to join in private or public corporations to maintain their future goals as well as promote healthy environmental conservation practices in society.
- The degree acts as a huge contributor to eliminate poverty and widen employment options and makes the country to proceed towards financial stability.
- Appropriate knowledge obtained from this degree will polish the student’s analytical, entrepreneurial, investment, and managerial skills and allow them to make sound decisions to develop the agriculture industry.
- After successful completion of MBA in Agribusiness, students will be eligible for higher studies like a Ph.D. in Agriculture and explore various other segments in the food and agriculture industry.
- The Master’s degree course helps the candidates to know the study the core of agriculture operations and their impact on crops, fertilizers, and so forth.
- An agribusiness student can uplift the economy of India and increase food production by sharing knowledge with the farmers.
MBA in Agri-Business Management in Shobhit Deemed University
The MBA in the Agri-Business Management course at Shobhit Deemed University is ideally introduced to the candidates who eager to drive positive mutations through research and practical application in the agricultural sector.
Our knowledge of systematic observation and analytical skills in Agri-Business Management is furnishing fruitful results to survive in the current challenging era.
Course highlights at Shobhit Deemed University.
Our program curriculum has been designed by the boundless agricultural industry and academic experts. It integrates scientific, practical, managerial, and leadership aspects of management with a fusion of strong skills, values, and techniques. The course is customized to the standard requirement of the industry and is guided by the Advisory Committee and Board of Studies associated with renowned specialists from Academic Institutions, NGOs, and Agricultural Industries. So, students who wish to pursue MBA in Agri-Business Management can opt for one of the top B-schools in India.